Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Since the Prang

I just sent off an email and I thought I'd tweek it and make a blog.  It's about time.  Right now, I've got `Murder She Wrote' on the telly.  I love the guest stars and I love Angela Lansbury.  Weird coincidence, I've been collecting photos today of Dale Robertson from `Tales of Wells Fargo' for my drawings and he's a guest on todays show. Weird face, nice legs, huge ass.  There's a villain from `Twin Peaks' on as well, one of the Renault brothers. The blog starts here.

I've been sitting on The Huffington Post waiting for updates.  I'm thinking Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks are holding guns at each others heads and it's a matter of time before one of em pulls the trigger. I'm loving Facebook at the moment.  I'm getting updates from Wikileaks, Huff Post, Get Up, Bob Brown, and tell Donald Trump to shut the fuck up!  It's great.  I don't have to search, they just post stuff to me.  I think Sarah Palin might have deleted me though.
 
I got this the other day -



I looked up an old song on YouTube, Dream Academy's `life in a Northern Town'. I've always loved that song so I went on Wikipedia and found out that it's a nod to a young bloke called Nick Drake. I looked him up, I've never heard any of his music but I recognise him from T-shirts.  I've always loved the song but there's real sadness in the verses.  I thought it was about the JFK and Robert Kennedy but it's sadder than that.  Some of my favorite works of art are songs and I love the way you can hear a song 20 different ways thanks to YouTube.  Nina Simone's `Everyones Gone to the Moon' is incredible but Bette's version is the best, well, my favorite anyway.

I got two theatre subscriptions in Sydney this year.  I'm going down about once a month.  I saw Miranda Otto a couple of weeks ago in a great Russian play about the fall of Kiev to the Bolsheviks.  Andrew Upton's translation of Mikhail Bulgakov's `The White Guard'.  Kiev has such a rich and interesting history.  I'm seeing Judy Davis in Chekhov's `Seagull' this Saturday.  I have to see more local theatre.

Cate Blanchett was breathtaking in `Uncle Vanya' but I want smaller stuff.  My hearing is pretty useless in the Sydney Theatre.  The best thing I saw last year was Thornton Wilder's `Our Town' at the Drama Theatre.  Incredible performance.  I saw a play written in1938 that was about the war in Iraq.  It was about a lot of stuff; life, death, the theatre itself but it was really about the rise of the great god, the automobile and the death of turn of the century America.  I miss Anaheim. I haven't been in a civilised country for more than 10 years but neither have most Americans.  I know how the Palestinians must feel.

I've also seen a new very slick version of Ibsen's `The Wild Duck' at the Belvoir.  A 90 minute, one act, woffack that was beautiful and devastating. Another Russian play at Belvoir,  Jonathon Gavin's translation of `The Business' based on `Vassa Zheleznova' by Maxim Gorky, transferred to Australia in the 80's.  Greed, control and a family full of assholes. Two acts of `Sons and Daughters' from hell but absolutely brilliant. I hate it when you know the people on stage and you're reliving something rather than learning something new.


This week I downloaded a 40 minute fan film called `The Hunt For Gollum'.   It was made for 3,000 pounds.  The makeup on the orcs is a bit dodgy but apart from that, it's incredible.  It's mainly Aragorn looking for Gollum before the start of `The Fellowship of the Ring'.  They call it a prequel.  There's another fan film `Born of Hope' that goes for over an hour. It's about Aragorn's parents.  That one has a budget of  20, 000 pounds.  I found this a couple of days ago. I love that speech.

The car was totalled in the accident but our friends lent us their own. Then, they shouted us, (Loopy and I), both to Townsville and we made cocktails backstage at `Groovin' the Moo'!  I've never met anyone from Liverpool before and when the `Wombats' came to the bar I fell insanely in love with the three of them and their chubby manager.  That accent floored me.

Anyway,  Loopy took his time and found a silver, Holden, `Vectra' in Foster.  He had the luxury of time and found a car I think he loves.  He spent two hours today, making love to it in the form of washing and cleaning. Why you ever need to clean a car is beyond me. You put oil and petrol in them, why would any one want to clean it as well? It has about 20 airbags so I'm told and the seats are heated, ridiculous! But it does everything.  It unlocks the doors, the windows go up and down by themselves. It's like a real grown ups car. Very happy.  I like it very much.

I need to make some new art. No more one-liners about Paul Sironen's butt or my love of Balmain shorts.  No more fuzzy landscapes or still lives.  I need to make something good. "New forms! I need new forms!" (Paraphrasing Chekhov, what a wanker!)  I need to make work to give to people that I don't feel the need to apologize for.

I was watching `Lateline Business' on the ABC.  I reckon Rebekah Brooks has tapes of Murdoch telling her to bug people.  She can put him in jail or even goal. MOOOO-HAAHAA!! I'm lovin it.

`Wilfred'? I saw the second or maybe the 3rd episode tonight.  I didn't think it would translate from the Aussie but the American version is brilliant.  Frodo plays Wilfred's minder.  I never knew what was happening with the Aussie show but in this version it's all happening in the poor guys head.  Ooh to only have one asshole in your head bossing you around, wouldn't that be loverly?

I've been dealing with Centrelink a lot in the last couple of weeks so I'm all over the place right now. The anniversary of Robbie Snr's death is coming up and I haven't heard from my Step-Mum. On top of that I'm sober. Can't stand sober.  So I'm going from resident to `Mayor of crazy town'.

I've watched the `King's Speech' about 4 times in the last two weeks. It is a magnificent film but it makes me really mad. Assholes abound!  Archbishop Cosmo. The older brother.  The asshole father and the constant spectre of Herr Hitler and Stalin.  All pricks that the beautiful Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush have to deal with.  All that waste of WW2 makes me cranky.  A good thing was, I was reminded of `A Room with a View' and `Hamlet' and what an incredibly beautiful woman Helena Bonham Carter is.

According to a British Labour MP, James, Rupert and Rebekah have been summonsed to appear before a committee next week.  Look up the sale of `Shine Network' to Newscorp.  Rupert is so rotten even to his shareholders.  The scumbag will be arrested on his arrival at La Guardia on corruption charges. (Think) Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment